Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Little Further Down the Road

It's nice to get a little time every now and again to get to blog again. Toddler twins seem to be more than a double handful, especially since I am not nearly as young as I used to be. I seem to be having the blahs lately, with money worries (doesn't every one), being sick still, and my mom isn't recovering as well as expected. In fact, as of today they are starting her on dialysis because she is still very lethargic and has started to bloat up again. They fear her kidneys may fail without this intervention. The doctors think maybe two rounds of dialysis should be enough to clear up her system enough to support her kidneys enough so they start functioning more normally. I can only hope and pray so. We all still have these colds going on nearly two weeks now so it still is out of the question to visit her, dammit! I feel pretty bad about not seeing her but now would not be the time to give her a cold either, and the kids still sick would be a cranky handful in a hospital room-not fun-especially with her i.v.s and catheters to keep the kids away from.
I at least have cleaned up a little, and got my jewelry supplies regathered for easy use, but my blahs, along with having my dad staying has kept me from making new jewelry since he sets up his laptop on my dining room table where I would normally work. We live in a pretty small apartment so common areas do multiple duty and guests have priority because I was brought up to be accommodating to guests. The heat cranked up again this week also making being outside unpleasant to say the least so work has come to a standstill outside again. My cold certainly hasn't helped my energy level either. Ugh. My bright spot has been Obama's lead in the national polls, it helps a little to cheer me up.

No comments: