Saturday, October 4, 2008

Post Operation

Whew! My mom had her surgery yesterday, a triple bypass. She has spent an inordinate amount of time in recovery, but by tonight she should be moved to the intensive care unit. She is off the ventilator already and the doctors say her heart is beating strong. All Very Good. We all still have our colds and I am frustrated that I cannot go see her. I have to rely on phonecalls from my dad and sister to give me updates on her condition. It has been a little hard to concentrate on my own stuff with all this going on, but I'm trying to stay on track to get things done. No new news on my mother in law, but she is pretty sick still. When it rains, it pours.
In other news, I have been working slow, but steady on my little garden plot by the front door. I think it is actually going to rain today; that will soften the remaining dirt to shovel. I discovered an anthill right in the middle of it yesterday which pretty much stopped work for yesterday because these ants are very aggressive and boy do they bite! The weather is finally taking a turn cooler and I will finally have temperatures under 100 until next spring(hopefully). That should help my productivity outside. I'm a little torn; should I plant some low maintenance flowers for the winter, or vegetables? My sister thinks veggies would be better, but with the newly turned garden I might need a season to get the dirt conditioned and really productive. I am leaning toward the veggies though since I do have seeds for broccoli and peas already which are winter plants here in the valley. I have also been trying to work on getting my jewelry supplies organized and start work again. I think I have so many directions I want to go, I am actually stuck in inaction. Well, I have to do one thing at a time and work on my prioritizing. My inability to prioritize properly is often the culprit in making me feel a little overwhelmed about what I want and need to do. Well, I think the next thing I need to do on that front is finish clearing off the storage shelves in the bedroom and arrange my supplies for easy access so I don't need to have those spread all over the dining room table, only what I need for my project. I'll work on that angle tonight because I can't do anything despite my ideas until my supplies are actually accessible. Let's hope I get that done tonight!

No comments: