Sunday, January 25, 2009

Weekend Update


Well, I just wanted to give a quick update on how things are progressing. I finished my advent tree, yay! Today's picture is of the finished tree, because I'm proud of making all the ornaments and especially the top star which I hand formed and decorated in a star shape. Wouldn't you know it about 10 minutes after taking that picture I was putting away the Christmas decorations and knocked it off the table which broke 3 numbered doors off the base. At least I have the rest of the year to contemplate how to fix those before next season. I was thinking some sort of tape from the inside since replacing the little dowel hinges requires taking the base completely apart.

My garden is growing nicely, apart from the forays by the twins into it. I hope the seedlings weren't too crushed. They are actually growing a little too close together and perhaps the kids stepping in the garden will do the thinning work I just can't bring myself to do. I'll post a picture next time to show the weekly progress.

On the kid front, the kids have officially left their highchairs behind and are now sitting on booster seats at the table. I am going through a lot of paper plates now, so I better get some more. Walgreens has a good coupon for those this week. Tabitha thought it was special that I was sitting right next to her for supper the other night for the first time. She gave me a big smile and patted my shoulder like she couldn't believe it was real. Just too damn cute! They are using spoons and forks better also. Now if only I could get them to start talking more. I am sure they could, but they just don't seem to see the need right now. Sigh.

And that big box of jewelry I got from eBay is going to take me a long time to go through. I have already spent several hours on sorting and have only gone through maybe a fifth of the box. I have found some sterling beads, charms and clasps and a little bit of scrap; a nice collection of vintage Austrian crystal and a ton of glass rhinestones pryed from old jewelry. I have definite plans for those involving stained glass kaleidoscopes in the future, for both decorating the outside and for use in the object container. They will be very cool! Well, I have tried to make this quick, and now I'm off to sort through some more of those beads and stuff.

No comments: