Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sigh of relief - phew

I got good news today: my mother's condition is not as poor as the doctors originally thought. Today they drained her abdomen, over 4 liters, and got some test results back. Thankfully her heart is not as bad as heart failure, but the wall of one of the chambers is weak. Not weak enough to warrant surgical intervention. Overall, that is really good news and I can stop worrying as much as I've been. Tomorrow more test results will be back and perhaps the results of her MRI. The doctors seem to be having a difficult time defining what is wrong, probably because they may not see such an extreme case of P.A.D. and are unfamiliar with the medical complications other than the increasesd risk of heart attack or stroke, like from the commercials. I'm optimistic she will be out of the hospital in a few more days, and can begin to actually have the P.A.D. taken care of. I don' t know what the complications of her heart condition for her life is going to be, but I would bet she will have to quit smoking. I should go see her tomorrow and make sure my dad will be there to push her around in the wheelchair so we can go to that playground for the kids.
In other news, another typical day for the babies, only started way, way too early; before 6 am. Tabitha is getting a lot more agressive again, with the hard pinching and scratching, not to mention the biting. Tommy is just a sweetie; happy and wouldn't hurt a fly. I'm still working on pictures, but I've got a picasa account to put pictures on and I'm trying to figure it out.
The McCain/Palin ticket has scared the shit out of me; I'll be donating to Obama a portion of every piece of jewelry I sell from now until the election. It would be the first time I have ever been moved to give to any politician. I was considering it before the VP announcement but from what I've learned since Thursday there can be no way, no how, no McCain/Palin!

No comments: