Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Virgin Blogger

Wow, my first blog! I welcome myself to the 21st century. Gee, now what? I guess I'll outline what my blog will be about: everything! It will primarily be about my trials and joys of raising my toddler twins, my husband and myself in these times. It will secondly be a potpourri about my art, my family and my philosophy. If there is any time after that, I will talk about anything else I find interesting. This should be an adventure for myself, and all who share this with me. I am new to all this, and very excited about this prospect.
I am the proud mother of twins, a boy and a girl. Their names are Thomas, a.k.a. Tommy, and Tabitha. They are almost 17 months old, and so cute! I'll post pictures as soon as I figure that out. I am married to a wonderful man who has made it his life mission to take care of me and the twins. I am currently a stay-at-home mother, partially for raising my children, partially because I have no real job opportunities that would pay me enough to make being a working mother make any sense. I don't see the point in getting a low paying job if all that would do is be sucked into the vortex of paying for childcare, gas, insurance etc., being exhausted after working and just seeing my children briefly in the morning and evening. Why put myself through that? I've already been down that road, and I can truthfully say that it did not work out for me at all. I will have a lot more on that later. Right now, taking care of my family the best I can is my whole focus in life.
On the blog title, "May your life be interesting", I heard that ages ago that it was a Chinese curse. My life has been way more interesting than I ever wanted it to be and I have found out why it is definitely a curse, but I figure it's definitely interesting!

No comments: