Friday, September 5, 2008

What a freakin' day

Jeez, the crap started so early this morning. You see, kids woke me up at 6:30 am ( later than I normally get up because I like some alone time before kids in the morning) so I took them out of their cribs to play while I went outside. I noticed an ant. Then I saw a column heading to the back door, and I scanned for a line of ants going inside, but I didn't see one. I grabbed my trusty can of Raid and sprayed the hill and the column. O.K., I thought, that must be it. Back inside, the kids were right by the patio door. When I came back inside, I was horrified the kids were sitting right in the middle of an ant-fest on the floor! Scooping up the kids quickly and depositing them in the highchairs I then proceeded to spray the hell out of the ants on the floor. I was hopping around to keep them from crawling on me and biting! That amused the kids quite a bit. Then while they were having breakfast I mopped up the floor to get rid of the spray residue and dead ants. Egads, what a way to start the day! I have a very large colony of small, aggressive black ants that I have battled since I moved into this place. Shortly after I moved in I found out why the place came with bug spray left by the previous owner. Ants every frickin' where! At least it wasn't for roaches, knock on wood! Just what I needed on top of getting eaten alive by the mosquitoes over the last week since the monsoon rain. They like Tabitha a lot more than Tommy. Poor Tabby has several nasty bites on her arms, legs and even face! Tommy might have on tiny little bite on his leg, period. Tabitha must exude the right scent for them, like me. I was always told they bite me so much because I was so sweet! If I tell Tabby that, it will probably infuriate her as much as it did me, since I actually wanted to really know why. It wasn't a rhetorical question. If they had told me it was body odor I would have taken a lot more baths as a kid!
Me and the kids went to the hospital today to go visit my mom. She seemed a little better, but she is getting a little short of patience with all the tests. She wants someone to come up with a plan of action! She found out today that her kidney function is "not very good" according to the doctor. Well, she has been on the diuretic for about 2 days now and I don't think the doctor is happy about the slow progress because of that. And a test about two weeks ago from CVS's traveling testing program showed her kidneys were fine, and her heart also. Make of that what you will. Anyway, they are now going to surgically drain her excess fluid. I heard the doctor say that myself when I was there, but I have no idea what that really means. I imagine that it's not as simple as poking a hole and putting a drainage tube in, but I could be wrong. I guess I expect something more sophisticated from modern medicine. She was very glad to see the kids and she thought we stayed a lot longer than she thought we would. I felt like I didn't stay long enough, but by now the babies were making their impatience a glass shattering shreik in unison. They hate just sitting in the stroller. It was a shame we all couldn't go to the family play area so the kids could run around while me and mom visited but I can't push a stroller and wheelchair at the same time. Push a stroller and pull a shopping cart yes, but I'm not that talented. My mom didn't want to bother waiting for a transport person (used to be known as orderlies) because they can take forEVer bothering to come. I'll make the next visit coincide with another family member so we can do that easily.
Ah, what a day. I left the house at 2:30 pm and was booked solid until the little ones were in bed and hubby was out the door to work. Phew! All I have left to do is find the livingroom floor and wash the bottles for a new day.

No comments: